Wednesday, August 22, 2012

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

First of all, what is Pinterest? It's a social networking and social publishing site based on images. Something like Tumblr meets Flickr. I have to say right off the bat "I love Pinterest." I sincerely believe it will eventually become a bigger social phenom than even Facebook but at this point it appears that Pinterest is for women only. Nearly 90% of the users on Pinterest are women. I have noticed lately that more men are joining the pinning craze and maybe it's because us guys tend to get in on the social thing a bit slower. ( I'm sure a lot of guys will disagree with me but so what. It's only my opinion and that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee)

What amazes me about Pinterest is the amount of time people spend per visit. It has been reported that the average time per visit is more than the time spent on Facebook and Google combined and it was reported that Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google Plus, LinkedIn and YouTube combined. Posting favorite pictures of the family and friends, pictures of cute puppies and funny statements, incredible recipes, things we collect an on and on. Pinterest is place to post the visions of man and then re-pin it all when we agree or disagree. The potential of this site is mind boggling.

I know I sound like I must be some sort of Internet promoter hired by this new social giant want to-be to spew out a bunch of hype to get more people to join and start Pinning, I can assure you I am not. I simply would like to see more guys join and start pinning stuff for guys. I get tired of looking at jewelry, women's shoes, designer dresses, and although some of the women's lingerie can be pretty interesting, most of the pins cater to women's interest. It would be great to see more on Sports, muscle cars, great beer recipes and stuff for the old man cave. OK guys let's get together and form a Pinterestman drive. Get all your buds to start pinning stuff that guys want to talk about and what interest guys.

Seriously, I do believe that Pinterest will have a huge impact on social networking and particularly for businesses and brands. This wonderful service can offer an opportunity for even the smallest business or service to pin information about what it is that they do. I expect there will be services that will pop up that cater to the development and promotion of Pinterest Pinning for businesses in essence Pinterest Branding Services. Advertising agencies will target individual users with image messaging via targeted pin boards. You will see creative ad images from the big players like McDonald's, WalMart, Starbucks, and even the Internet players like Microsoft, Dell, HP and list will grow. Now don't think this will create a mass of advertising that's more unbearable than TV advertising. All it will be is a place for everyone to pin images of what is meaningful to them. Whether it's a picture of your beautiful new granddaughter or a product you want to promote. Whatever is important in your life can be pinned for the world to see. If you find images that others have pinned and you like their pin you can agree by re-pinning and adding your two cents to the pin. This is why people will spend an incredible amount of time cruising through the site.

In summing up this post I suppose I would be an idiot if I didn't ad my shameful plug and encourage all readers of this rant to visit our Pinterest listing at http://pinterest.com/ispotdeals/ and follow us. If you see some of our pins that you find interesting feel free to pin them to your boards with our complete approval. Have fun with the site and be sure to tell all your male friends to get on Pinterest and start posting more guy stuff!

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love

tumblr love